Re: How to improve performance on dataload process

From: <tboss_at_bossconsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:14:19 -0400 (EDT)

We're an Informatica DW shop here, solaris 8 over v440s and v880s. Here's some of the lessons learned we've run into with Informatica:

All your database-related fixes are good. Do your indexing in parallel. We've got far too much data to be able to drop indexes, load data, then re-index and re-gather stats in a maintenance window (overnight or a weekend). Thus we depend on staging all the data and pre-creating indexes before using a transportable tablespace and an alter table exchange partition process to get new data into our database. You may get to that point as well.

Todd