Re: copt roles to another database

From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:44:21 +0530

ONE LITTLE DOUBT : You suggested to use "select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('ROLE',role) from dba_roles " for ddl generation. I just wanted to know whats the difference between your command and "select 'CREATE ROLE '||role||';' from dba_roles ; " command as the output of both these commands are same.

 On 9/27/05, Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com> wrote:

> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('ROLE',role) from dba_roles
> should provide a collection for "CREATE ROLE" DDL statements.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Ext. 121

Thanks & Regards,