RE: A Question on auditing the Oracle 11i "apps" schema

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:19:24 -0700

Hameed,

We do audit DDL using a system level DDL trigger that covers all schemas (including APPS) and have not seen any performance issues. In Oracle Apps, there are a number of objects on which DDL is performed regularly as part of the program itself (truncates, interim processes, etc.) which you can choose to ignore, and store the rest (ora_sysevent, ora_dict_obj_* and sys_context are your best friends here). When APPS is not covered, you haev lost most of the critical stuff...

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc