SQL Trace Profiler

From: Egor Starostin <egorst_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:50:42 +0700

With kind permissions of Steve Adams I'd like to briefly introduce my profiler called OraSRP.

I wrote OraSRP in order to use it with Hotsos' Method R. One of the steps of Method R is a creation of accurate profile of traced session. OraSRP allows you to create such session profile easily and rather quickly.

Here's the list of some features of OraSRP:
. build session profile (which includes such pseudo-events like 'CPU
service' and 'unaccounted-for') and display top 5 SQL statements per every event.
. display statements tree, i.e. relationship between statements.
. can group statistics from several similar statements into one
(might be useful in some COTS applications when bind variables are not used).
. can display values of bind variables and elapsed time spent within
every bind values set.
. produce results either in html or text format.
. can read data from stdin, which allows to analyze gzipped trace
files on the fly.
. work as a standalone utility or as http server.
. allow DBA to securely grant to developers access only to certain
trace files (might be useful on production databases).

OraSRP is free and available either in sources (it's written in Python) or in binaries for Windows/Linux/Solaris.

Examples of OraSRP reports and download links can be found at http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/