Re: Replication Advice Needed

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:02:00 +0200

Sandeep,

I stand corrected. Following the link Ranko Provided I discovered step '6. Set up supplemental logging at the source database.' That triggered me to write my reply, based on my limited knowledge. Based on Data Guard experience (Logical Standby) I was only familiar with Supplemental Logging as such, which I interpreted as what appears to be known as Database Supplemental Logging.

Further reading learned there is also Table Supplemental Logging, and this is what Sanjay Mishra explains further in his article.

So, streams is an even more serious candidate to solve Charlottes replication problem.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===