RE: ** chained rows fixing

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:08:05 -0400

Alter table AJOSHISTABLE rebuild tablespace system storage ( PCTFREE 85 PCTUSED 10); That would guarantee that no chained rows will ever be found in this table.

If anyone here is working for Seagate, Fujitsu or Maxtor, I will gladly accept your donations.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: A Joshi [mailto:ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 1:50 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: ** chained rows fixing

I plan to increase the pctfree to prevent chained rows in future. Is there any thing else I need to do. I assume a simple delete and insert will eliminate chained row. Do I need anything else. Can some provide a generic script for this. I have all the chained row in table chained_rows. Any other guidelines. Thanks. Help is appreciated.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 14:08:32 CDT