** chained rows fixing

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I need to get rid of chained rows for some tables. Re-insert (delete and insert) the rows. Some of the tables have triggers so it is difficult. IS there a way to execute the delete and insert without the triggers firing. Meaning is there a way to make sure trigger does not fire for a session. One way would be to declare a package variable and check it in the beginning of a trigger but that would need change to all triggers.   To disable triggers would require that rest of application be shut down.  I plan to increase the pctfree to prevent chained rows in future. Is there any thing else I need to do. I assume a simple delete and insert will eliminate chained row. Do I need anything else. Can some provide a generic script for this. I have all the chained row in table chained_rows. Any other guidelines. Thanks. Help is appreciated.

Yahoo! for Good

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 12:52:26 CDT