Replication Advice Needed

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We need to keep 5 (small-ish / low-volume) tables on a remote database in sync with those in the local database. We want synchronous updates of the remote tables when the network allows but we also want to apply queued transactions after recovery from a network failure such that no transactions are ever lost (assuming the local database to be "unbreakable" :-)

I'm thinking of advanced replication or streams but unfortunately I don't have any experience in either. I know this is going to require lots of reading and experimenting but I was hoping to short-circuit this by at least focusing on the right technology to start with!: what sounds like the best fit - AR or streams?  (This is on 10g)

Thank you all in advance for any help

Charlotte

Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com