RE: Windows _ Linux

From: Kennedy, Jim <jim_kennedy_at_mentor.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:12:23 -0700

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of DBA Deepak Sent: Thu 9/22/2005 9:11 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Windows _ Linux

Hi All,

I am new to Linux+Oracle. I would like to know a few things...

1> Can we import from the export dump taken from a Windows DB to Linux based Oracle DB? Are there any considerations for this?

2> Can we restore a cold backup of a Windows based Oracle DB to a Linux based Oracle DB?

Please help ....

--

Regards,

Deepak
Oracle DBA

Dump no problem as long as the versions are the same or the one you are importing into is a later or the same version as the export. Cold backup? No (10G release 2 if the endian is the same) Jim

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 00:15:42 CDT