RE: Performance over WAN with Latency of xx ms

From: Subbiah, Nagarajan <Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:16:27 -0400

The application is basically a web site and making lot of small trips. Currently the application server and the database server are in LAN with the maximum latency of 8ms and the WAN latency may well be guaranteed to the latency of 20 to 25 ms with having enough bandwidth. I believe we could capture the data using the statspack of how much data is being transferred between client and the server. The unknown value would be how many requests are being made by the SQL NET and the JDBC driver as a overhead for the handshaking and other underlying protocols.