Hard Disk selections

From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:55:29 -0600

Let me apologize in advance if i leave any good facts out and have to restate...
 I am in process of migrating an existing windows 2k, 9.2.0.5<http://9.2.0.5>test environment to some beefier hardware attached to IBM FastT SAN (?). The
current environment is a Dell Poweredge 6400 p3 4x500 MHz/ with internal and external disk being 76GB 15k RAID 5. The new environment will be a blade with 2x2.5Ghz, at least, attached to the san. My question; will performance, Oracle that is, suffer going with a bigger disk (146Gb) on the SAN, or should I stay with the 76GB disk? The requirement is to not allow the performance to degrade below the existing SLA, however, we will have more users hitting this test instance once the cut over has been made. Because the hardware will not be over 4+ years old, my gut feel is that the bigger disk should not be an issue in this type of environment any more than that seen with the 76Gb in the existing environment, however, how do I prove this?
 Any links to help Green DBA Man understand Oracle and disk selections? As always, thanks for your help and patience.

--

Bryan Wells
bunjibry_at_gmail.com

--