Restoration of Backups from Prodction Server

From: Navneet Gupta <oraclemails_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:15:17 -0400

*

Hi,
We are migrating our database on different hardware/location. We will get RMAN backup of the database. And we will have access to archive logs generated during shipping/restoration(It would be some seven days archive logs).
What are the options we have got to restore the databases and bring it uptodate by applying archives.
Dataguard is a solution here?

It's 9i on Solaris 9.

Thanks in Advance,
Navneet