RE: 10.2 listener won't start on same port as 9.2 listener

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:20:09 -0400

Oracle is, quite obviously, listening to my advice, even if some listers are not.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com [mailto:JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:07 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: 10.2 listener won't start on same port as 9.2 listener

Well, I just got the answer from Oracle and apparently 10.2 is purposely not allowing you to do this any more. It was done as a fix for another bug and this behavior will be backported to earlier versions in future releases.

Looks like we're going to have to go with a single listener, like it or not.

Sigh.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 10:20:33 CDT