Re: Replication question

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:07:23 -0500

If you can do the db links from C to A and B why not

   create synonyms to the tables in A and B    then do merge of the data using a package/procedure that you schedule by job queue or cron.

   merge table_at_a into tableC
   merge table_at_b into tableC
You would control the data with a pull on the time line of your choosing from the data center.
This would assume that you have a primary key on tableC to eliminate duplicate key values.

Another option would be a scheduled dump of data from A and B into a tablespace that you export
and transport into C. This would be more work, but doesn't require the dblinks if they are the problem.

Rodd

Rodd Holman
Enterprise Data Systems Engineer
LodgeNet Entertainment Corporation