RE: Index skip scan

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:49:16 -0400

It is very simple to generate a plan without a hint:

create table test as select * from dba_indexes; create index test_idx1 on test(uniqueness, compression, index_name); -- the first two columns are not very selective exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats('<OwnerName','TEST',cascade=>true);

PLAN_TABLE_OUTPUT

---
| Id  | Operation                   |  Name       | Rows  | Bytes | Cost

---

| 0 | SELECT STATEMENT | | 1 | 44 | 5 |
| 1 | TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| TEST | 1 | 44 | 5 |
| 2 | INDEX SKIP SCAN | TEST_IDX1 | 1 | | 4 |

---