RE: Tuning deadlocks

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:26:57 -0500

FYI,
    This may follow what Brandon brought up. I was on a HOTSOS presentation where they were talking about a client who had a PO job taking forever (I don't think they mentioned deadlocks). Looking at what they found to be the problem code they created an index that reduced the time to minutes.

	This was for Oracle Apps or PS.  I don't remember which.
	I asked if they had "canned" solutions for particular
applications and they said "No", this solution was unique to that client.

        HTH         Larry Wolfson