Re: memory per database connection on windows

From: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:15:25 -0400

I would like to add that in windows a single database instance "shares" the virtual address space with all sessions.

i.e. MTS or NOT you wont have more memory. In FACT mts is a little better as you can strictly control the UGA memory.

pga_aggregat_target is only a target and not a limit, you can easily go over.

Under windows 32 bit you will always be limited to < 3 gb memory for a single instance.

Christo Kutrovsky
The Pythian Group

--
Christo Kutrovsky