memory per database connection on windows

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:54:05 -0400

When we running Oracle 8I on Windows we implemented Multi-threaded server and added the /3gb switch to the boot.ini file so we could have a larger process size. We are now running Oracle 9I with MTS still active. I am considering eliminating MTS. We have pga_aggregate_target set so sessions would share sort memory. I am trying to located a note giving an idea of amount of memory per database connection to see if by eliminating MTS and the Large Pool if we would have a wash in terms of memory usage.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113