Standby - two physical, one working , second is not

From: kathy duret <katpopins21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

Ok I have two physical standbys databases. Linux RH3, 10.1.0.2

I have one standby working just fine.

The second is not. I try to bring it up and it asks for archive from about two weeks ago.

I have a good fresh hot backup that is current. I made sure by wiping everything out including the standby database files and redo files and re ftping everything.

Question 1 is do I need a separate standby controlfile for this instance separate from the first standby?

Question 2. I know I need 1 addition standby redo log for the standby, should I have another one for the additional standby database.

I really coulnd't find anything in the docs.

Thanks,

Kathy

Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com