non existing tables in packages

From: Foelz.Frank <Foelz.Frank_at_Scheidt-Bachmann.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:12:45 +0200

Gentlemen,

any idea, how to handle situations in a package when a table which is expected in subroutines is not present ? Is there any error handling available, which I am not aware of ?

I would like to have the same package on each of our systems installed, even if certain tables are not present due to different software releases.

Running on Oracle 9.2.n