RE: High "transaction rollbacks" value in v$sysstat

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:12:37 -0700

Thanks Lex and Phil for the pointers - very interesting reading indeed, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be related to my problem. I've had a short exchange with Tom Kyte and Jonathan Lewis over at asktom (http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:11504247549852) and, if I understand correclty, the "mini-rollback" that Oracle performs in order to implement "write consistency" does not show up in the 'transaction rollbacks' statistic. So, I've come to believe that the high 'transaction rollbacks' are the result of failed DML statements e.g. due to unique constraint violations.

Now to try and figure out exactly what statements are failing and why . . .

>>Re: High "transaction rollbacks" value in v$sysstat
>>From: Phil Jones <phillipjones_at_xxxxxxxxx>
>>To: lex.de.haan_at_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:55:57 +0000
>>See his recent blog entries:

On 10/09/05, Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > yep -- the famous (but less well known) Oracle feature "write consistency"