Re: JAVA CONNECTIONS

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:02:04 +0200

And then you can go for
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/instantclient.html

This is the way Oracle tries to make our lives easy. I've been in huge discussions about thin client 'Easy Connect :-(' and thick client. IMHO, the last one is the way to go in an enterprise environment. Otherwise you'll allways need the duhvelopers to change a database connection. Duhvelopers don't like thick client. They don't want 'C' interfering with their code. Just guess what OS's are written in. Let them stay away from OS's as well then. Back to the days of MS-Dos, Basic, peek and poke!

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===