Does sga_target not work for 10.2 upgrade or is Oracle Support cl ueless?

From: <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:54:17 -0400

I'm having problems upgrading a dev database from 10.1 to 10.2 (the first time I've tried this). After opening a Tar the support tech said I obviously didn't follow directions since I didn't set SHARED_POOL_SIZE, LARGE_POOL_SIZE, or JAVA_POOL_SIZE as it said in the documentation. I had purposely not set them as I had created this database using sga_target instead.

So do I actually need to go back to the old parameters to do the upgrade and then go back to sga_target after completing it? Has anyone upgraded 10.1 to 10.2 using sga_target?

This is 64-bit Solaris, Oracle 10.1.0.4 to 10.2.0.1.

Thanks,
Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA
x68355

This message is confidential and sent by TD Waterhouse solely for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. This should not be deemed as an offer or solicitation, to buy or sell any product. Any 3rd party information contained herein was prepared by sources deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. TD Waterhouse does not accept electronic instructions that would require an original signature. Information received by or sent from TD Waterhouse is stored, subject to review, and may be produced to regulatory authorities or others with a legal right to such.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Sep 12 2005 - 16:57:42 CDT