Install gurus wit tricks

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:51:37 -0400

Hi, years ago we use to install oracle on one unix machine...tar it up and transfer to many other machines to save time and ensure everything was installed the same. This was on HP's/Suns. I was proposing that to my current group to do that method again but just wanted to know if anybody is doing it or has tried it...

And/or is there problems preventing or complicating this?

Thanks
Brian