RE: Oracle 10g Rowid Question

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:09:45 -0700

Deepak,

This is a classic case of an older feature evolving into a current myth. The format of ROWID changed between V7 and V8, so any V7 database upgraded *in-place* would encounter a slight delay when the rows are accessed for the first time after the upgrade. [I don't remembet the specifics, but I do remember this caveat, and am willing to be corrected!] So get whoever raised that object to (re)read the new Concepts manual in Oracle Database 10g!

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)