RE: Remote query puzzle

From: david hill <david.hill_at_lechateau.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:07:21 -0400

I had the similar problem with a 9.2 DB

What I found out, is that when selecting from a view on a remote db the criteria doesn't seem to passed to remote db.

If you check for the sql being executed on the remote db you'll probably see the select without the criteria.

The workaround I found was to integrate the view into my select, and select directly from the remote tables instead.

Hope that helps.

David Hill