Re: Remote query puzzle

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:37:25 -0700

On 9/8/05, Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > That also requires CBO. Dennis is working with RBO.
>
> Actually, there is no real reason for that. One can switch
> from RBO to CBO from query to query.

Maybe so, I haven't tried it.

Might it not complicate other queries?

If there are stored plans, does the optimizer then use CBO on other statements that include the table that has the stored plans?

If so, the assumptions made by the CBO about those tables might lead to less than satisfactory execution plans, requiring hinting of SQL, or more stored plans.

Stuff to think about - I don't have time to test it now myself.

--
Jared Still
11+ years of trying to appear to know what I'm doing.