Any known problems with installing 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 9?

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:59:52 -0700

I have been asked to do the above for a client, and before I say I will do it I wanted to check and make sure it still works. I was unable to do an 8.1.7.4 install on a very recent version of Linux (probably Fedora Core 4, though I don't recall the specifics) even with all the compat libs. In my experience Solaris does not have this sort of problem nearly as often as Linux does, but still... better to know ahead of time than to find out halfway through.

thanks,

janine