Re: Remote query puzzle

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:51:45 -0500

Mark,

> 2) THOU SHALL PUT THE TABLE THAT RETURNS THE FEWEST ROWS LAST IN THE FROM LIST OF THE QUERY.
Thanks. Yes, I was aware of that trait of the RBS. That was one of my first tests. However, when that didn't work, I used the ORDERED hint, which requires the tables to be in just the opposite order. Still no joy.

What the developer and I have decided to do is to put the values in a string, as in

select * from remote_view_at_other_db where my_value in ('a','b','c','d')

This seems to provide a crisp response and probably bundles values across the network more than a simple single-value where clause.

Again, thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. Myself I learned a lot from this exercise.

Dennis Williams