Re: Remote query puzzle

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:09:00 -0500

Thanks Jared, Mark, Mladen, Ben

So far it seems that EXPLAIN PLAN is giving me the information that I need, if I use the DRIVING_SITE hint. Haven't had to pull out the heavy artillery (10053).

I have found the text of the remote view. It involves joining three tables.

So I have rewritten my query as a 4-table join with a small local table joined with three large remote tables. My idea is that Oracle should first take the local table, then use it to extract the rows it needs from each of the three remote tables in turn. My first try was to use the ORDERED hint to force the join in a specific order. Oracle didn't agree and joined to my table last.

Any thoughts on the best way to induce Oracle to join tables in a specific order would be appreciated. This is 8.1.7, rule-based.

Dennis Williams