Re: force logging

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:27:24 -0400

I am also running 9.2.
 I am already running the standby DBs. U mean to say do I need to overwrite the
existing control files of the standby databases.  eg.

SQL> ALTER DATABASE CREATE STANDBY CONTROLFILE AS 2 'D:\oracle\oradata\stby\control_sb01.ctl'; <-- This is the controlfile location of the standby database.

It is not going to do anything to my standby database?

I mean not failing or archive applying.

 Regards - Chirag