RE: Temporary space

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:40:53 +0100

I don't know the answer Enrique.
But an educated guess might be to use the v$temp_space_header_view. Take a sample couple of your jobs and monitor that view to see what space I used (non parallel mode). Then re-run the jobs using parallel 2,4,8 (if you have time) and try and quantify what the ratio differences are.

When you find out let the list know.

My guess is that there will not be a substantial difference apart from some overhead (I am guessing no more than 10% increase in space utilisation when using degree=8)

HTH
John