Re: oracle sid

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:58:34 -0400

WOW..
 This works preety fine.
 $ ORACLE_SID=admdevs4;export ORACLE_SID $ echo $ORACLE_SID
admdevs4
$ ksh
$ echo $ORACLE_SID
admdevs4
$ export ORACLE_SID=admdev
$ echo $ORACLE_SID
admdev
$ exit
$ echo $SHELL
/bin/sh
$ echo $ORACLE_SID
admdevs4
$ export ORACLE_SID=admdev
ORACLE_SID=admdev: is not an identifier
$

I donno much abt Shells and Unix. But seems need to dig those things.  Regards - Chirag