RE: Oracle 6 software download

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:28:29 -0400

Damn, does anyone have the older 5.25 disk drives anymore??? Those are antiques.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Marquez, Chris Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 5:23 PM To: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com; Marco.Gralike_at_AMIS.NL; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Cc: Peter Ross Sharman
Subject: RE: Oracle 6 software download

I learned the hard way. The most valuable Oracle software is the old oracle software.
After trashing Oracle7...and then needing it badly, I now keep every version I get for Windows and Linux...and I have gone to that well several times for work....only thing is the olderit get the harder it is to find and run the old OS.

Here is a good one.
A DBA I know from an old list has a copy of Oracle 804 (I believe) for Linux...
...only printed on the CD it says;

    "Oracle 804 for Linus"
as in Linus Torvalds

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Marco Gralike Sent: Wednesday, 7 September 2005 1:50 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle 6 software download

Is there somewhere on the internet a place where it is still possible to download Oracle version 6 or a lower version?

Regards

Marco

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Sep 06 2005 - 16:30:42 CDT