RE: URGENT - Can you coalesce a RBS tablespace?

From: Henslee, Jeff <jhenslee_at_wausauwindow.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:21:00 -0500

Apologies - Here's are the error messages I was receiving -

ORA-01562 Failed to extend rollback segment number 11 ORA-01650 unable to extend rollback segment RBS10 by 128 in tablespace RBS.

It started with one user at first and then started to spread to a number of users on the same instance.

The weird thing about it was the initial extent of segment 10 was 128. The next size was 1M with the optimal size being 5M.

It appeared that it was even having troubles with the initial extent. I guess that is why I labeled it 'urgent'. I wasn't sure why it couldn't even create the initial extent. The free space still does not appear to be giving itself back to the instance....

Thanks for asking for the follow-up - I want to make sure that I too, contribute to this forum.

Jeff