RE: URGENT - Can you coalesce a RBS tablespace?

From: Henslee, Jeff <jhenslee_at_wausauwindow.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:40:27 -0500

I think things have slowed down a little bit. I am over the hump by trying a number of suggestions from a number of you (and I thank you all).

I have tried to shrink a number of the roll back segments - although I'm not sure I was 100% successful - the segment size in OEM did not change much at all. If I add the segments that were unusually large, basically, they consume almost the entire datafile (1GB) -

I did try to kill a couple of older user connections that were very old and stale.

I am also working with the developer and making sure that his code makes better use of commits at the proper time (and more often). I think that this is my best recourse. After discussions with a couple of users, they appeared to be processing a rather large set of data in a big chunk (rather than in smaller chunks). This processing is not "normally" how it occurs (in big chunks that is) and therefore was not planed for when the DB was originally created.

I did (against my original statement) add a small number of blocks to the data file (200M) in order to get me over the hump. I am still trying to chase down the "real" issue.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and feedback.

I really appreciate all of the help I get from this list.

Thank you.