RE: URGENT - Can you coalesce a RBS tablespace?

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:14:25 -0500

Sorry Dick.

oracle 8.1.7.4 and Solaris 8

-----Original Message-----

From: Goulet, Dick [mailto:DGoulet_at_vicr.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:00 PM To: Henslee, Jeff; Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: RE: URGENT - Can you coalesce a RBS tablespace?

Oracle version and platform please.

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Henslee, Jeff Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:55 PM To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: URGENT - Can you coalesce a RBS tablespace?

We seem to be having troubles with some of our RBS segments. We are unable to create new segments or extend existing ones. This is an unusual pattern and we're trying to find a way to get people back working again without having to add a datafile to the RBS area (if at all possible) or restart the instance.

Options please?

Thank you.

Jeffrey C. Henslee (Chico)
Six Sigma Green Belt