Re: feedback on book -"10g HA with RAC, Flashback, and Data Guard" by Matthew Hart

From: Peter Barnett <regdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 06:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

It is Linux centric which is OK if you know Linux and your OS and can make the translations. We run most AIX. There are specific OS level patches required for RAC. No mention of this little detail in the book, even though there is an existing Oracle note detailing this out. The same may be true for other OSs.

Frankly, it is a little thin technically. There are no inaccuracies that I have found, simply too little information to use this book alone. It was cheap enough on Amazon that I do not feel ripped off, but if you are looking for a cook book to install RAC go to Technet.

> Has anybody got a chance to read/review this book?
> Any comments?
>
> Oracle Database 10g High Availability with RAC,
> Flashback, and Data
> Guard (Osborne ORACLE Press Series) by Matthew
> Hart.
>
> Thanks
> Sami

Pete Barnett