RE: File exists error message with REUSE option

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:06:57 -0400

Permissions error, possibly including another instance still having an open file handle?

We're guessing a bit here.

Notice that Jared successfully "touched" the file. I wonder if you can.

Also, on the SIZE -- That's not one of those fancy "sparse" files that doesn't really have
a size, is it?

Now we're chasing down a curious niche of OS, RAC, SIZE, and reuse. Fun stuff to know the exact
details of for all the permutations. But if you're just trying to get TEMP back in use, I suggest
you try to rm the file and add it back.

Last thing I can think of at the moment - it just strikes me a bit odd that you're altering the
tablespace and yet the number of the datafile is 01.

Regards and good luck,

mwf