Re: oralce apps login 11.5.10

From: <srini.chavali_at_Cummins.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:01:51 -0500

Raja,

By default, when 11.5.10 installs, it restricts connections to the database tier using the tcp.* options in the sqlnet.ora file in the database TNS_ADMIN location. You will have to edit this file to allow connections from other hosts.

HTH Srini Chavali
Cummins Inc

raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com>
09/02/2005 08:32 AM
Please respond to raja4list

        To:     oracle list <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        oralce apps login 11.5.10

Hi All,

Can someone help me ?

I installed 11.5.10 on REdhat linux and I am able to launch apps on that machine(server). However, I am not able to launch the apps from any other pc (client) in the domain.

The server is pingable from the PCs, telnet is fine and ftp is enabled.

Should i enable anything on the server to accept the client http connections ?

Thanks,
Raj

Do You Yahoo!?

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email