RE: Duplicating 8.1.7 database to a scn

From: <Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:13:37 +0100

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. The problem the "set until time" with Oracle 8.1.7 and Solaris is that it does not appear to work, well at least it doesn't on the set-up we have here! So that's why I wanted to use an scn, v$archived_log looks like the place to find it. Also using "set until logseq" is another option, I am trying that to see if it will work, since getting the sequence number for a archive log is easy.

Regards

Pete

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Peter Hitchman Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:26 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Duplicating 8.1.7 database to a scn

Hi,
I need to duplicate an Oracle 8.1.7 database to a given point in time. I have seen problems when trying to do this with the set command specifying a date, but I have done it using an scn number when I got the scn number from a duplication that did a full recovery.

If I stop all transactions in the database how do I find out what scn number to use? I have it in mind to archive the current log so that all of the changes are in the redo stream, will the most recent archive log give me the scn number and if so where do I get this information from.

Thanks

Pete

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 02 2005 - 04:16:37 CDT