Re: Log Miner for dummies - need help viewing the contents of an archived redo log

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:40:17 -0700

oracle_at_digistar.com wrote:
> David Sharples wrote:
>

>> what database version? if 9i you can use directories instead of >> setting utl_file_dir

> 9.2.0.5 -
>
> Essentially any option that would not require cycling the database is
> preferable as I cannot take the database down to read the utl_file_dir
> parameter out of the init file.

Try the following link:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96612/d_logmn2.htm#78125

these options of the DBMS_LOGMNR package

DICT_FROM_ONLINE_CATALOG
DICT_FROM_REDO_LOGS allow you to access the dictionary for logmining without writing to an OS file.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com