Re: Recreate Redologs on different host

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:39:32 +0200

Hi again Stalin!

I hadn't seen this message of yours before posting my question about changing the redo log locations after incomplete recovery yesterday ;-)

Regarding your question: with RMAN, log_file_name_convert (as well as db_file_name_convert) are supported only for duplication (not for restore & recovery) - their use with standby databases is another matter I haven't dealt with for a long time.

db_file_name_convert could avoid the use of "set newname"/"switch datafile" during restore/recovery... :-(

Jerome