RE: killed sessions do not kill

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:27:51 -0400

What platform are you on? In the past Oracle support has issued different instructions for performing the session kills based on platform/release. Such as on Windows Oracle provides and recommends using the ORAKILL program for this task instead of the alter system kill session command.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 9:17 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; oracle-db-l_at_Groups.ITtoolbox.com; ORACLE-L_at_IC.SUNYSB.EDU; oracledba_at_LazyDBA.com; oracle-rdbms_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: killed sessions do not kill

We are running 9.2.0.6 with shared server (MTS).

On some databases, if we kill a session the session does not go into a "killed" status and in fact nothing happens. If we do the same via OEM, the session immediately is killed.

Any ideas?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113