RE: OCM funny pre-requists - two advanced courses from OU.

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:58:07 -0400

That is a valid point. SQL Server is making some significant performance gains and their pricing is still very very low. For example, when I asked about the cost of the advanced security option to do something that comes with SQL Server I was told $10K per cpu - choke!!!

Why does Oracle not get the message that so many of us in the field have - which is - the prices for their licenses versus the competition isn't completely warranted. I still get "we are the best and we know it" from Oracle sales support versus concrete comparisons.

Plus my management is looking at opensource RDBMS' for anything we can run on it.

..sigh...