RE: Automate analyze - can't log in

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:12:56 -0700 (PDT)

As cron are you setting up the env upfront. your oracle_Home oracle_SId etc.
its possible that might be the cause of not logging inot the database

"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us> wrote: J. Dex,

Have you tried running this on the command line? My guess is that logging in as SYS is giving you a problem.

You need to connect as sysdba or connect as the schema owner. I would use the schema owner - there is no real reason to use SYS to gather these stats.

Tom