re: Help Oracle to Access

From: Sunil Bhola <oraclebhola_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paula,

There are two ways to do that :-

  1. Importing directly from access to oracle
  2. Create External Tables.

Here I am given you a way to do with first option.

The steps are :-

Importing from Access to Oracle

Create a Blank table in Access frist if not exists=>File => Save as/Export => select “TO AN EXTERNAL FILE OR DATABASE => select ODBC Database from SAVE AS TYPE => Type the new name of table if you want to do so => ok => select the DSN i.e. SUNIL from the box => ok => enter the PASSWORD of user =>ok

Open ORACLE & logon to the user i.e The user who’s name is type in the DSN and get all the tables by executing the following

Select table_name from user_tables;

In Oracle the table name will be case senstive so type the table name in quotas

i.e. select *from “Table1”;

Regards,

Sunil Bhola

Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us wrote:
I know it seems backward but I got a request to move Oracle database to access. What is the easiest way to do this?

QUERIES in Oracle, Feel free to Join:

Regards,
Sunil Bhola
Oracle_Expert, Moderator