Re: loading xml into oracle

From: raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Actually, we are regularly loading txt files and csv files into oracle by sing unix shell script which calls sqlloader.

But we are getting some issues with that.

So is tehre any better way i am thinking. Somebody told that loading xml files into oracle will be easy and data will be more consistent.

Just chekcing this.

The whole story is : we get the data from clients in either txt file or csv (comma seperated value) file. Based on the positions the data will be loaded. (the posistions are predefined).

However, sometimes the positions are getting changed (by client). It is not in our control.

Not sure is there any better way sending the flat files into oracle (even if the positions are keep getting changed).

Any thoughts would be of great help for me.

Thanks,
Raj

GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm> wrote:
What is the type of XML file you intend to use? Is it going to stored as XMLTYPE datatype? How about Selecting from an External table?

http://mail.yahoo.com