RE: Patch 9.2.07 for Linux

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:20:07 -0400

I am no Veritas advocate, but isn't it also true for some of the other vendors, like Oracle (RAC, etc), Precise (first bought by Verita and then Symantec, but it was expensive even when it was an independent company). Oracle has been trying to sell us their security product that does point-to-point SQL*Net encryption and the price is enormous as it is based upon per CPU and the more CPUs you have, the more you pay.