RE: Oracle Portal--good, bad or merely ugly?

From: Magni Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Magni_at_rasnet.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:09:11 +0200

SO far I would go for "ugly".

I can give only "ugly stories" of my experience with oracle portal (at the moment 9.0.3).

Performance are bad... so stability.

Yesterday our new hardware arrived.
We are switching the backend DBs from sun machine to IBM pseries and the application server from 9.0.3 (on solarsi) to 10gR2 on inux.

We really hope (I cannot say more since this project had been badly planned) to improve the overall performance.

Pay attention to the authentication part: it was soooooooo slow in the old version... I don't know with the new 10.2.

Fabrizio